FAJL 7 at ICU (International Christian University)
ICU is hosting the 7th meeting of Formal Approaches to Japanese Linguistics from June 27-29, 2014, as a part of ICU’s 60th anniversary event. This meeting is co-sponsored by NINJAL (National Institute of Japanese Language and Linguistics).
The FAJL conferences provide the primary venue for cutting-edge theoretical work in all domains of Japanese linguistics. The conference highlights the contributions made to the understanding of human language in general by the study of the Japanese language. Previous FAJL conferences have taken place in the United States, Japan, and Germany. FAJL7 will take place in Tokyo, Japan, at ICU (International Christian University) and at NINJAL (National Institute of Japanese Linguistics and Language).
- Liliane Heageman (Universiteit Gent)
- Shin-ichiroo Ishihara (Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universitaet Frankfurt am Main)
- Kazuo Okanoya (The University of Tokyo)
- Satoshi Tomioka (University of Delaware)
We ask all participants to preregister. Information regarding preregistration will be announced on the conference website in early April 2014.
- Deadline for abstract submission: February 14th, 2014
- Notification to authors of decision: early April 2014
- Conference date: June 27-29, 2014
- International Christian University (ICU)
- National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics (NINJAL)
Proceedings: As was the case for the previous FAJL meetings, a proceedings volume will be published from MITWPL.
Organizing committee: Junko Ito, Shigeto Kawahara, Shigeru Miyagawa, Tomoyuki Yoshida
Conference Website: http://iculinguistics.org/fajl.html