The 40th Annual Penn Linguistics Conference will take place March 18-20, 2016 at the University of Pennsylvania campus in Philadelphia, PA.
PLC is a conference in linguistics run by the graduate students in the Department of Linguistics at the University of Pennsylvania.
Keynote Invited Speaker: Jon Sprouse
Special Panel: Language Universals
The panel speakers are:
Conference website: http://www.ling.upenn.edu/Events/PLC/plc40/index.html
Call for Papers
Abstract submission for PLC 40 is open from October 1 –
November 21, Dec. 3, 2015.
Submission Guidelines: Papers on any topic in linguistics and associated fields are welcome, including:
Speakers will have 20 minutes for their presentations and 5 minutes for questions. The conference will also include a poster session with catered lunch. Authors may submit no more than two abstracts, and no more than one single authored abstract. Abstracts should indicate whether they are being submitted for consideration as a talk, poster, or both. (See instructions.)
Deadline: The deadline for abstracts is
Saturday, November 21, 2015, Dec. 3, 2015.
Notification of acceptance/rejection can be expected on January 18, 2016.
Abstract Format (PLEASE NOTE that the format for abstracts has changed from previous years):
2-page abstract, including references
examples/data interspersed throughout
To facilitate the review process, please submit your abstract as a .pdf file.
- To begin, click here to go to our abstract submission system and login.
- If you do not have an existing EasyChair account, click on “sign up for an account.” You will be asked to fill out a simple form to create an account.
- Click “New Submission” at the top of the page.
- Enter author information in the provided fields. Tick the “Corresponding Author” box for all authors who wish to receive e-mail correspondences or notifications.
- Enter your title in the “Title” field.
- In the “Abstract” field, please enter a one sentence summary, or any comments you have, in order to assist the committee in assigning reviewers. Please also indicate here whether you would like your submission to be considered for a talk, poster, or both. By default, submissions will be considered for both modes of presentation. Do not paste your full abstract into this field.
- Enter at least three keywords. The relevant subfield may also be included here (e.g. sociolinguistics, syntax, phonology, experimental, etc.)
- Upload your abstract .pdf file in the “Paper” field. Only .pdf files will be accepted. Do not include your name or affiliation in the abstract/file name!
- Click “Submit.” You will be taken to a summary page of your submission – this is your confirmation that it has been saved. Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously.
- You may make any necessary updates by logging in and clicking on “My Submissions.”
Proceedings: Conference proceedings will be published as a volume of the Penn Working Papers in Linguistics. Details regarding the proceedings of PLC 40 will be posted on the website closer to the conference.