42nd Incontro di Grammatica Generativa (IGG42)
22-Nov-2015 Dec. 1, 2015.
The 42nd Incontro di Grammatica Generativa (Generative Grammar Meeting) will be held in Lecce (University of Salento) on February 18-20, 2016 (http://www.cril.unisalento.it/igg2016/). The IGG represents the most important Italian venue for discussions on every aspect of generative grammar and formal linguistics.
Andrea Calabrese – University of Connecticut
Gennaro Chierchia – Harvard University
Itziar Laka – University of the Basque Country
Call for Papers:
Abstracts are welcome on any topic in generative grammar. Preferred topics of papers:
– Mapping natural language to syntax (cartographic topics) and related controversial issues.
– The diachronic and geographical variation of syntactic structures (syntactic microvariation).
– Theoretical and empirical issues on L2 acquisition and bilingualism.
– The syntax-semantics interface: its theoretical and cognitive implications.
– The intersection of linguistics and neuroscience in the study of the biological foundations of language.
– Language evolution and the nature of the language faculty.
Authors are asked to submit their abstracts in PDF format to the following address:
Abstracts should not exceed two pages in length (12 -point type, Times New Roman, single line spacing, 2.5cm (1 inch) margins) including: examples and tables (integrated in the text, rather than collected at the end of the abstract), optional references, title, three keywords/phrases that best describe the abstract content.
Submissions must be anonymous and should not reveal the identity of the author(s) in any form, including the file name of the abstract: references to the author(s)’ previous work should be made in the third person. Submissions are limited to a maximum of one individual and one joint abstract per author or two joint abstracts per author. Please indicate whether your abstract should be considered for presentation only, for poster only or for both, by clicking the appropriate button on the submission page.
The conference will host oral presentations and one poster session.
The talks will be 30 minutes + 10 minutes for discussion.
The official languages of the conference will be English and Italian.
Deadline for abstract submission:
November 22, 2015 Dec. 1, 2015.
Notification of acceptance: no later than January 20, 2016
Centro di Ricerca Interdisciplinare sul Linguaggio (CRIL)
Prof. Mirko Grimaldi
Conference email: igg2016unisalento.it