The 25th Conference of the Student Organisation of Linguistics in Europe (ConSOLE 25)
Date: 04-Jan-2017 – 06-Jan-2017
Location: Leipzig, Germany
Contact Person: Zorica Puškar
Meeting Email: consoleXXV@uni-leipzig.de
Web Site: http://conference.uni-leipzig.de/console25/index.html
Call Deadline: 05-Sep-2016
The 25th edition of the Conference of the Student Organisation of Linguistics in Europe will be held 4–6 January 2017 at the University of Leipzig, Germany. ConSOLE aims to showcase the best papers in linguistics by students from across Europe and the rest of the world and provide students with a platform to present to an international audience.
Željko Bošković (University of Connecticut)
Ricardo Bermúdez-Otero (University of Manchester)
Seth Cable (University of Massachusetts Amherst)
Greville Corbett (University of Surrey)
Martin Haspelmath (MPI Jena/University of Leipzig)
Call for Papers:
Graduate students and advanced undergraduates are invited to submit abstracts for oral presentations (20 minutes plus 10 minutes for discussion) and poster presentations. Students submitting must not have defended their PhD before 1st January 2017.
We accept abstracts from all fields of linguistics, but especially encourage abstracts involving any formal approach to phonology, morphology, semantics or syntax. Submissions in other areas, e.g. linguistic typology, phonetics, pragmatics, language acquisition, psycholinguistics, computational linguistics, etc. are also welcome if their theoretical significance is made clear.
– Submissions may be singly or jointly authored. Any single author may submit up to two papers, including no more than one single authored and one jointly authored paper.
– Submissions may not exceed 2 pages including keywords, references, examples and figures.
– Submissions must be anonymous and not contain any identifying information.
– Submissions must adhere to the following format: A4, single-spaced, 12pt font, 2cm margins on all sides, submitted as a .pdf. Any examples, tables, figures or data can be interspersed with the text or clustered together on the second page of the abstract. The list of references may be omitted if necessary. We highly recommend using one of the templates provided at http://conference.uni-leipzig.de/console25/call.html.
– Please indicate whether your abstract should be considered for oral presentation, poster presentation, or for both.
– The language of the conference is English; all abstracts, posters and presentations must be given in English.
Abstracts should be submitted via Easy Chair (https://easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?key=36843724.6bcyEpuu0mTWL5gb)
Deadline for abstract submission: 5 September 2016
Notification of acceptance: 31 October 2016
Final programme: 30 November 3016
Conference: 4-6 January 2017