The 15th Old World Conference on Phonology (OCP) will be held at University College London (UCL) from Jan 12 to Jan 14, 2018, hosted by UCL and the University of Essex. It is also sponsored by the Linguistics Association of Great Britain (LAGB).
Conference website: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucjtcwh/OCP15/OCP15.html
- Abstract submission deadline (extended):
15 September 201722 September 2017
- Notification of acceptance: late October 2017
- Registration deadline: 1 December 2017
- Martin Krämer (Tromsø)
- Maria-Rosa Lloret (Barcelona)
- Jennifer Smith (UNC at Chapel Hill)
Call for papers
We welcome submissions on any topic in phonology. Talks will be 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes for questions. There will also be a poster session. We particularly welcome submissions from students and early career researchers. Each individual may submit a maximum of one abstract as first author (or sole author), and a maximum of two abstracts in total. Abstracts will be (blindly) peer-reviewed by an international panel of reviewers.
- Maximum 2 pages of A4 paper, including references, examples, tables, and figures.
- 12 pt Times New Roman font, or similar.
- One-inch (2.54 cm) margins on all sides.
- Anonymous (please do not include author details or citations to unpublished work).
- PDF format.
Abstracts not following these guidelines will be rejected without review.
Abstract submission, reviewing, and notification of acceptance will be handled using EasyChair.
Please follow this link to submit an abstract via EasyChair.
The deadline for abstract submission is
15 September 2017 22 September 2017.
Registration and fees
Registration will be open from the end of October until 1 December.
More details will be posted closer to that time, but we anticipate that registration fees will be around £60 for waged attendees and £15 for student/unwaged attendees.
- Nancy Kula (Essex): nckula [at] essex.ac.uk
- Andrew Nevins (UCL): a.nevins [at] ucl.ac.uk
- Jamie White (UCL): j.c.white [at] ucl.ac.uk