The 26th edition of the Conference of the Student Organisation of Linguistics in Europe will take place from the 14th to 16th of February 2018, hosted by UCL in London.
ConSOLE is the Conference for the Student Organisation of Linguistics in Europe, and is held annually for graduate students to present their research to an international audience.
This year we are delighted to announce that UCL will be hosting the 26th ConSOLE conference, which we are running with the theme of Experimental Linguistics. Experimental work in linguistics is still very new in Europe, and from our own experience graduate students are ever more interested in bringing it into their own research. We have been very lucky to invite four experimental linguists as our plenary speakers this year, so presenting students will be able to benefit from both their theoretical and experimental expertise at the conference. Presentations of non-experimental work, are of course still warmly welcomed.
Conference website: https://console2018.wordpress.com/
Jennifer Culbertson – University of Edinburgh
Matt Husband – University of Oxford
Linnaea Stockall – QMUL
Jamie White – UCL
Call for papers
Graduate students and advanced undergraduates are invited to submit abstracts from all fields of linguistics for oral presentations (20 minutes plus 10 minutes for discussion) and poster presentations.
The deadline for abstract submissions is October 31st 2017.
Notification of Acceptance: November 30th 2017.
- Submissions are limited to two per author, with at most one paper being single-authored.
- Submissions may not exceed one page including keywords, references, examples and figures.
- Abstracts, including data and references (the list of references may be omitted if necessary), must not exceed one A4 pages in length, have 2.5 cm (1 inch) margins on all sides, and be set in Times New Roman with a 12pt font (abstract template can be found here).
- The submission must be anonymous and not reveal the identity of the author(s) in any way.
- Please indicate whether your abstract should be considered for oral presentation, poster presentation, or for both.
- Abstracts must be submitted in PDF format through EasyChair by October 31st 2017 (we will make this available soon).
Accepted authors will have the opportunity to submit to the proceedings of ConSOLE. Information will be provided about this shortly after the conference.