The 54th annual meeting of the Chicago Linguistic Society will be held from Thursday, April 26, to Saturday, April 28, 2018.
Conference website: http://chicagolinguisticsociety.org/
Call for Papers:
The Chicago Linguistic Society invites abstracts in any area of current research on the human language faculty, to include phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, historical linguistics, and sociolinguistics, as well as allied fields in the cognitive and social sciences. Accepted participants will be allotted 20 minutes to present and 10 minutes to answer questions. Presented papers will be published in the CLS proceedings. This year’s conference features a poster session; those
presenting a poster may be chosen as alternates for talks, and the poster presentations will be published as regular papers in the proceedings.
We particularly encourage submissions relevant to this year’s proposed special sessions on Psycholinguistic approaches to semantics/pragmatics, Modification, and Ellipsis.
Details on each of the special topics can be found on the conference website (http://chicagolinguisticsociety.org/call.html).
Submissions that fail to comply with any of the following guidelines will be automatically rejected.
(1) Submit abstracts in PDF format with the filename PaperTitle.pdf.
(2) Include the paper title and keywords (i.e., CLS session title, linguistic subfield(s), language(s)/language family) within the abstract.
(3) Limit abstracts to two letter-sized pages in length, including data and references. Use one-inch margins and a font size no smaller than 11 point. Incorporate data into the main text of the abstract, not on a separate page.
(4) Anonymize submissions by not including author name(s) in the abstract or filename.
(5) Use the EasyChair platform (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cls54) for the submission of abstracts.
(6) Restrict submissions to one individual and one joint abstract per author, or two joint abstracts per author.
January 8, January 15, 2018 by 11:59 PM CST
Notification: February 26, 2018
Conference dates: April 26-28, 2018
For questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org