The Department of Linguistics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is delighted to host the 14th Workshop on Altaic Formal Linguistics. The workshop will be on October 19–21, 2018. Additionally, there will be a thematically unrestricted workshop in honor of Shigeru Miyagawa on October 18, 2018.
Invited speakers: TBA
Conference website: http://wafl14.mit.edu/
Call for papers
The 14th Workshop on Altaic Formal Linguistics is to be held from October 19 to October 21, 2018, hosted by the Department of Linguistics and Philosophy at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
Abstracts must be on topics dealing with formal aspects of any area of theoretical Altaic linguistics, including phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, or pragmatics. The term ‘Altaic’ is understood to include Turkic, Mongolic, and Tungusic languages, as well as Korean, Japanese, Ryukyuan, and Ainu.
Abstracts are invited for 20-minute talks (plus 10 minutes of discussion) or for posters. The WAFL organizing committee will determine the type of presentation. Authors whose abstracts are accepted will present at the main workshop (October 19–21, 2018).
The submission deadline is March 30, 2018. Abstracts should be submitted via Easychair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wafl14
- Abstracts must be anonymous.
- The main text should be at most 2 pages in length, including examples, tables, figures, and references.
- The abstract should use a 12pt font and 1 inch margins (for US Letter) or 3 cm margins (for A4) on all four sides
- There is a maximum of two abstracts per person, one of which must be co-authored.
- Opening of proposal and abstract submission: Wednesday, December 29, 2017
- Deadline for abstract submission to all sessions: Friday, March 30, 2018
- Notification of acceptance: by the end of May