TISLR13, the 13th conference of Theoretical Issues in Sign Language Research, will be held on September 26-28, 2019 at the University of Hamburg in the beautiful ESA Hauptgebäude located at Edmund-Siemers-Allee 1, close to the train station Hamburg Dammtor.
Conference website: https://www.idgs.uni-hamburg.de/en/tislr2019.html
- Ronice Müller de Quadros
- Gladys Tang
- Jordan Fenlon
- Karen Emmorey
Call for papers
TISLR 13 invites unpublished research from any theoretical perspective that addresses sign languages. Keynote presentations, organized sessions, and poster sessions will be included on such topics as:
- phonetics and phonology of sign languages
- prosody of sign languages
- morphology of sign languages
- syntax of sign languages
- semantics and pragmatics of sign languages
- the emergence of sign languages in a historical context
- sign language acquisition in L1/L2 environments
- bilingualism and multilingualism of sign languages
- sociolinguistic variation and change in sign languages
- neurolinguistics/psycholinguistics of sign languages
- sign language and artistic endeavours (including poetry and literature)
- computational modelling, recognition, and synthesis of sign languages
- sign language documentation/corpus linguistics
- the relationship between sign language and gesture
The program will have no parallel sessions. We plan to have signed/spoken presentations (20 minutes and 10 minutes discussion) and three poster sessions.
Submission of papers
Abstracts can be submitted in one of the following languages: English, American Sign Language (ASL), International Sign (IS), and German Sign Language (DGS). Please note that the abstracts must not be anonymized. Written abstracts should include the name(s) of the author(s) following the title. Signed abstracts should start with the name(s) of the author(s). The written abstract must not be longer than two pages (including tables, examples, and references), in 12-point type, single-line spacing and 2,5 cm margins. The signed abstract must be of a comparable length. There is a maximum of 3 submissions per author, either as single author or joint co-author.
Extended deadline for submission: 15 December, 2018
Notification of acceptance: 15 February, 2019
Abstracts should be submitted through the TISLR 13 EasyChair web page. For written abstracts, please upload a pdf. For signed abstracts, please upload a link to the video:
Please contact the TISLR 13 organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions – especially about the submission of video abstracts.