The 27th Annual Conference of International Association of Chinese Linguistics (IACL-27)
May 10, 2019 – May 12, 2019
Kobe City University of Foreign Studies, JAPAN
The annual meeting of the International Association of Chinese Linguistics (IACL, http://www.iacling.org/) is an international conference, which has been held at various leading institutions of Chinese Studies in Asia, Europe, Australia, and North America over the past 20 plus years. It has become a major conference for scholars and students around the world working on various aspects of Chinese linguistics and related studies. Aichi Prefectural University is the first Japanese institution that held IACL-11 in 2002. After 17 years, its host now comes to Japan again. The 2019 annual conference (IACL-27) will be held at Kobe City University of Foreign Studies which will be its host for the first time.
Conference website: http://www.iacl27kobe.net/
- William Shi-Yuan Wang (Hong Kong Polytechnic University)
- Laurent Sagart (Centre de recherches linguistiques sur l’Asie orientale)
- Danqing Liu (Institute of Linguistics, CASS)
- Hongming Zhang (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- Pei-chuan Wei (Institute of Linguistics, Academia Sinica)
- Katsuya Onishi (University of Tokyo)
Call for papers
IACL-27 will be held on May 10-12, 2019 at Kobe City University of Foreign Studies, JAPAN. Abstracts are invited for presentations on any aspect of research on any variety of the Chinese language and linguistics, as well as other languages of China. Each talk will be 20 minutes, followed by a 5-minute discussion. Submissions are limited to one individual and one joint abstract per author.
Submission deadline: January 10, 2019
Notification of Acceptance: February 28, 2019
Note: Non-IACL members must join IACL by March 26, 2019 to be eligible for presentation at this joint conference.
- Abstract length is limited to one page (with 1-inch margins), including examples and (selected) references.
- Abstracts can be written in English or Chinese:
- English: Please use Times New Roman font, size 12
- Chinese: Please use Song font (宋体), size small 4
- bstracts should be submitted in two versions, i.e. one in the form of a PDF and the other in the form of a DOC.
- Abstracts should be anonymous, but please make sure to include your contact information in your email upon submission.
- Abstracts should be submitted through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/cfp/IACL27
- Please name the abstract file attached in the following way:
- For single-authored papers: LastName_FirstName.pdf
- For co-authored papers: LastName_FirstName_co.pdf (list only the first author)
- (For example, Hu Jianhua would name his abstract file “Hu_Jianhua.pdf”, or “Hu_Jianhua_co.pdf” for a co-authored paper)