The 50th Annual Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society (NELS 50) will be hosted by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology from October 24th – 27th, 2019.
To celebrate the golden jubilee of NELS, Paul Kiparsky will give a special plenary address reflecting on the last 50 years in linguistics.
Call for Papers
We invite theoretical contributions from all subfields of generative linguistics as part of the general session. Presentations will be 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes for discussion. In addition, there will be two poster sessions. Submissions are limited to two per author, with at most one paper being single-authored.
- Abstracts, including references and data, must not exceed two A4 or letter pages, have 2.54 cm (1 inch) margins on all sides, and be set in Times New Roman with a font size no smaller than 11pt.
- Examples, tables, graphs, etc. must be interspersed into the text of the abstract, rather than collected at the end.
- The submission must not reveal the identity of the author(s) in any way.
- Submissions are limited to two per author, with at most one paper being single-authored.
- Abstracts must be submitted in PDF format through EasyChair by Monday July 1st at 23:59 Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4)
Conference website: https://nels50.mit.edu/