The 51st Annual Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society (NELS 51) will take place at the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), in Montreal, Canada, on November 6-8 2020.
Contact Person: Tom Leu
Conference email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference website: https://sites.grenadine.uqam.ca/sites/linguistique/en/nels51/
- Lisa Levinson (University of Michigan)
- Michal Starke (Masaryk University, Brno)
- Nancy Kula (University of Essex)
- Will Oxford (University of Manitoba)
Call for Papers:
We invite abstract submission from all subfields of generative linguistics in four categories:
- Regular main session
- Special session on Indigenous languages of North America
- Special session on diverse frameworks (including comparison of generative frameworks)
- Poster session
Regular and special session talks will be 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes for discussion. Poster presenters will be invited to give 2-minute oral lightning ads for their poster before the poster session. Submissions to the special sessions that are not chosen will be automatically considered for the main session. Presentations may be given in English, French, ASL or LSQ. (For presentations in ASL or LSQ please contact the organizers upon acceptance to allow time for the relevant accommodations.)
- Abstracts can be submitted in English or French.
- Abstracts, including references and data, must not exceed two A4 or letter pages, have 2.54 cm (1 inch) margins on all sides, and be set in Times New Roman with a font size no smaller than 12pt.
- Examples, tables, graphs, etc. must be interspersed into the text of the abstract, rather than collected at the end.
- The submission must not reveal the identity of the author(s).
- Submissions are limited to two per author, with at most one paper being single-authored.
- Abstracts must be submitted in PDF format through the NELS 51 EasyChair page (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=nels51) by June 8 at 23:59 Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-5).
- Extended submission deadline: June 8, 2020 at 23:59 Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-5)
- Notification of decisions: expected by July, 2020
- Conference dates: November 6-8, 2020
Further information will be continuously added to the conference webpage at: https://sites.grenadine.uqam.ca/sites/linguistique/en/nels51/
For questions please contact email@example.com