The Asian Junior Linguists Conference (AJL) is committed to encouraging junior linguists to have opportunities to present their work at a formal academic conference. Junior linguists mainly include undergraduate students studying linguistics, but Master’s and pre-ABD level submissions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. See the main website of AJL for past and future AJL meetings.
ICU Working Papers in Linguistics features selected papers from each conference, edited by undergraduate students.
AJL 5 will be hosted online, organized by International Christian University, Japan on Jan. 15-16, 2021.
- Dates: (Fri-Sat) January 15 – 16, 2021 [Japan Time]
- Location: Zoom
- Organized by: International Christian University
- Co-hosted by: Shigeto Kawahara (Keio).
- Sponsors: ICU Linguistics, Keio University
Conference website: https://sites.google.com/view/ajl-5/home
- Maho Morimoto (NINJAL)
- Zheng Shen (National University of Singapore)
- Conference registration: free
- Early bird registration closes on 3 pm (Fri) January 8, 2021 [JST]
- Registration continues until the end of the conference.
Abstract submission [LINK]
- Create an easychair account to submit abstracts: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ajl5
- Abstract submission opens on November 25 and closes on December 20, 2020.
- Decisions will be made by December 27, 2020
- Advisor approval is required: Form
- The advisor approval must arrive by December 31, 2020.
Address: International Christian University; 3-10-2 Osawa, Mitaka, Tokyo, 181-0015 Japan
AJL logo and poster are designed by Daehan Won at Studio C-clef.