The Chicago Linguistic Society is the oldest student-run linguistics organization in the United States. This academic year, CLS will host its 58th annual meeting, which will be held from Friday, April 22 to Sunday April 24, 2022.
Conference website: http://chicagolinguisticsociety.org/
Call for Papers:
The Chicago Linguistic Society invites abstracts in any area of current research on the human language faculty, to include but not limited to syntax, morphology, semantics, pragmatics, sociolinguistics, phonology, phonetics, and all relevant interfaces and allied fields in cognitive/social sciences. Presented papers will be published in the CLS proceedings. This year’s conference features a poster session; those presenting a poster may be chosen as alternates for talks, and the poster presentations will be published as regular papers in the proceedings.
We particularly encourage submissions relevant to this year’s proposed special topics:
- Sign Languages
- Language and Music
- Language Production
- Cognitive Modeling
- Language Documentation, Variation and Change
Submissions that fail to comply with any of the following guidelines will be automatically rejected.
- Submit abstracts in PDF format with the filename PaperTitle.pdf.
- Include the paper title and keywords (i.e., CLS special session title if applicable, linguistic subfield(s), language(s)/language family) within the abstract.
- Limit abstracts to two letter-sized pages in length, including data and references (just select references are acceptable). Use one-inch margins and a font size no smaller than 11 point. Incorporate data into the main text of the abstract, not on a separate page.
- Anonymize submissions by not including author name(s) in the abstract or filename.
- Use the EasyChair platform (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cls58) for the submission of abstracts.
- Restrict submissions to one individual and one joint abstract per author, or two joint abstracts per author.
- Lal Zimman (University of California Santa Barbara)
- Monica Do (University of Chicago)
- Roger Levy (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Kathryn Davidson (Harvard University)
- James Kirby (University of Edinburgh)
- Emily Gasser (Swarthmore College)
- Submission deadline: January 9, 2022 by 11:59 PM CST
- Notification: February 24, 2022
- Conference dates: April 22 – April 24, 2022
For questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19: While we are aiming for this conference to be held in-person in April 2022, we acknowledge the possibility of COVID disrupting this plan, and will also consider hosting CLS online if absolutely necessary. A final decision will be made closer to the starting date of the event, with attention paid to the evolving situation and to the preferences of the participants.
CLS 58 Organizers
- Sam Gray
- Lucas Fagen
- Stephanie Reyes
- Irene Tang