The 8th Workshop on Turkic and Languages in Contact with Turkic, Tu+ 8, will be hosted by the Harvard Department of Linguistics. The workshop will take place on March 4-5, 2023. To revive the in-person workshop tradition, we plan to host the workshop in a hybrid mode.
Invited speakers: Paloma Jeretič & Travis Major
Workshop website: https://sites.google.com/view/tuplus8workshop/home
Call for Papers
We are excited to announce a call for papers for the Eighth Workshop on Turkic and Language in Contact with Turkic, Tu+8.
Abstract submissions are open for thirty-minute talks (20-minute + 10-minute for Q&A session) and poster presentations. All abstracts will be anonymously peer-reviewed.
Deadline for submission: December 9, 2022
Notification for acceptance: January 9, 2023
- Abstracts should contain original research that, at the time of submission, has neither been published nor accepted for publication.
- Abstracts need not contain a fully worked-out analysis; they may describe either early-stage or in-progress research projects.
- Submissions are limited to two abstracts per person: i) one individual abstract and one joint abstract, or ii) two joint works.
- Abstracts, including data and references, should not exceed two letter pages and should have 1-inch margins on all sides. The font should not be smaller than 11 pt.
- Abstracts should not reveal the identity of the author(s); therefore, abstracts should not contain excessive references to the publications of the author(s) or acknowledgments to granting agencies or academic bodies.
- Abstracts should be submitted in PDF format through Tu+8 EasyChair page by Friday, December 9th, 11:59 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time).
We are going to update the details as soon as possible!