LAGB 2022: Sept. 12 to 15, 2022.
Location: Ulster University
- Henry Sweet Lecture 2022: Maria Teresa Guasti (Università degli Studi Milano Bicocca)
- Linguistics Association Lecture 2022: Liina Pylkkanen (NYU).
Conference website: http://www.lagb.org.uk/lagb2022
LAGB 2019: Sept. 9-12, 2019.
Location: Queen Mary University of London.
Henry Sweet Lecture 2019: Sandy Chung (UC Santa Cruz)
Linguistics Association Lecture 2019: Chris Potts (Stanford)
Workshop: Trends in Formal Approaches to Variation
Education session: The Drop in uptake of English Language A-level
Extended submission deadline: Apr. 12, 2019.
Conference website: http://www.lagb.org.uk/lagb2019
LAGB 2017: Sept. 6 – 9, 2017.
Location: University of Kent, Canterbury.
Lisa Matthewson (University of British Columbia)
Charles Yang (University of Pennsylvania)
Conference website: http://www.lagb.org.uk/
LAGB 2016: Sept. 6 – 9, 2016.
Location: York, UK.
Henry Sweet Lecture 2016
Bernard Comrie (University of California Santa Barbara)
‘Verb Root Ellipsis’
Linguistics Association Lecture 2016
Paul Smolensky (Johns Hopkins University)
‘Non-discrete Structures in Grammar’
Conference website: http://www.lagb.org.uk/page-1829014
LAGB 2015: Sept. 15-18, 2015.
Venue: Chandler House, University College London, London, the UK.
Rachel Nordlinger (University of Melbourne)
Larry Hyman (UC Berkeley)
Conference website: http://www.lagb.org.uk/lagb2015/home
LAGB 2014: Sept. 1-5, 2014.
Venue: the Queen’s College, University of Oxford.
Henry Sweet Lecture 2014: Angelika Kratzer (University of Massachusetts Amherst)
‘The semantics of embedding and the syntax of the left periphery’
Linguistics Association Lecture 2014: Adam Albright (MIT)
‘Generalizing phonological patterns with phonetic and featural biases’
LAGB 2013: Aug. 28-31, 2013.
Venue: the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), London.
Henry Sweet Lecture 2013: Philippe Schlenker (Institute Jean-Nicod/NYU) – ‘Towards a primate linguistics’
Linguistics Association Lecture 2013: Jonathan Bobaljik (UConn) – ‘Morphological universals and the hidden structure of words’
Conference Website: http://www.lagb.org.uk/lagb2013/home
Workshop on Primate Grammar (and Beyond)
28th August 2013, School of Oriental and African Studies, London
- Philippe Schlenker (Jean-Nicod/NYU) – ‘Towards a primate linguistics’ (based on joint work with Emmanuel Chemla, Alban Lemasson, Karim Ouattara, Kate Arnold, Sumir Keenan, Claudia Stephan, Robin Ryder and Klaus Zuberbühler)
- Tecumseh Fitch (Vienna) – ‘Animal pattern perception: a broad comparative approach’
- Robert Seyfarth (UPenn) – ‘Social cognition and the origin of language’
- Simon Townsend (Zurich) – ‘Semantic compositions in the meerkat alarm call system’
- Klaus Zuberbühler (St Andrews) – ‘Meaningful strings of calls in primates’
Workshop website: http://www.lagb.org.uk/lagb2013/primategrammar
Workshop on Comparative Morphology and Morphological Theory
31st August 2013, School of Oriental and African Studies, London
Call for papers: www.lagb.org.uk/lagb2013/morphology/call
Submission Deadline: May 1st, 2013.
Plenary speaker: Jonathan Bobaljik (UConn) – ‘Morphological universals and the hidden structure of words’
Workshop website: http://www.lagb.org.uk/lagb2013/morphology