GLOW in Asia offers a forum for presentation and discussion of advanced research in theoretical linguistics. Its conferences take place within Asia but attract participants from all over the world. After the successful GLOW in Asia IX at Mie University, Japan, we are pleased to announce that Graduate Institute of Linguistics, National Tsing Hua University will host GLOW in Asia X from May 24 to May 26, 2014.
- C.-T. James Huang (Harvard University)
- Richard S. Kayne (New York University)
- Michael Kenstowicz (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
Panel on Syntactic Cartography in Comparative Perspective
- Liliane Haegeman (Universiteit Ghent)
- Hilda Koopman (University of California, Los Angeles
In addition to the regular sessions, we would like to launch a half-day panel on the Syntax-Phonology interface. It is our hope that our invited speakers explore current issues of the Syntax-Phonology interface from different, yet closely related perspectives. The idea of the panel discussion is to take these issues into a broader interdisciplinary scope, anticipating feedback from syntacticians, semanticists as well as Asian linguists.
Panel on the Syntax-Phonology Interface
- Laura J. Downing (Göteborgs Universitet)
- Irene Vogel (University of Delaware)
Conference website: http://ling.nthu.edu.tw/GLOWinAsiaX/GLOW_in_Asia_X/Welcome.html
For more information, please write to GLOWinAsiaX@gmail.com
(a) Deadline for abstracts (Extended):
January 31, February 15, 2014
(b) Notification of acceptance: around mid-March, 2014