The 93rd Annual Meeting of the Linguistic Society of America will take place January 3-6, 2019, at the:
Sheraton New York Times Square
811 7th Ave.
New York, NY 10019
The LSA will meet concurrently with the American Dialect Society (ADS), American Name Society (ANS), North American Association for the History of the Language Sciences (NAAHoLS), North American Research Network in Historical Sociolinguistics (NARNiHS), Society for Computation in Linguistics (SCiL), Society for Pidgin and Creole Linguistics (SPCL), and the Society for the Study of the Indigenous Languages of the Americas (SSILA).
Conference website: https://www.linguisticsociety.org/event/lsa-2019-annual-meeting
Call for papers:
Deadlines for receipt of abstracts: Tuesday, 31 July 2018, 11:59 PM US Eastern Time. Technical support for abstract submission will not be available after 5:00 p.m..
Late abstracts will not be considered, whatever the reason for the delay. Contact email@example.com or phone 202-835-1714 for assistance.
- Abstracts for 20-minute papers and for posters must be submitted electronically between June 1 and July 31, 2018, using the link available on the LSA website. LSA members will see a green “Submit Abstract” button below their names upon logging in.
- The submitting author must be a member of the Linguistic Society. Nonmembers may join here.
- Any member may submit one single-author abstract. There is no limit on the number of co-authored abstracts. An organized session paper or poster counts as a multi-author abstract submission.
- Authors are expected to present their own papers and posters.
- After an abstract has been submitted, no changes of author, affiliation, title, or wording of the abstract, other than those due to typographical errors, are permitted.
- Papers and posters must be delivered as projected in the abstract or represent bona fide developments of the same research.
- Authors should not submit abstracts for research that has already been presented at other major conferences or which has been published in a journal, as a book chapter, or in conference proceedings.
- Presenters must pre-register for the meeting.
- Authors may not submit identical abstracts for presentation at the LSA meeting and a meeting of one of the Sister Societies (ADS, ANS, NAAHoLS, NARNiHS, SCiL, SPCL, SSILA). Authors who are discovered to have done so will have both abstracts removed from consideration. Authors may submit substantially different abstracts for presentation at the LSA meeting and a Sister Society meeting.
Abstract Format Guidelines
- Abstracts must be submitted in PDF format.
- Abstracts must have no more than 500 words of narrative text. Titles, examples, trees, tables, figures, captions, and references do not count toward this 500 word limit. The title of the abstract should appear at the top of the page but does not count as part of the 500-word limit.
- Abstracts must fit on one 8.5×11 page, with margins no smaller than 1/2 inch and font no smaller than 10 point. No exceptions to these requirements are allowed. This means that all content (narrative text, titles, examples, trees, tables, figures, captions, and references) must fit on one page.
- Your name should only appear on the Abstract Submittal Form. If you identify yourself in any way on the abstract itself (e.g. “In Smith (1992)…I”), the abstract will be rejected without being evaluated. In addition, be sure to anonymize your .pdf document by clicking on “File,” then “Properties,” removing your name if it appears in the “Author” line, and resaving before uploading it. In addition, be aware that abstract file names are not automatically anonymized. Please do not use your name (e.g. Smith LSA Abstract 2018) when saving your abstract in .pdf format, but rather. use non-identifying information (e.g., First Words of Abstract LSA 2018).
- Abstracts that do not conform to the format guidelines will not be considered.
- Authors of all abstracts will be required to submit a shorter version of their abstract, intended for publication in the Meeting Handbook, if the abstract is accepted.