Language Acquisition Workshop (LAW18)
August 9 – 10 2018, Macquarie University
The Language Program of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders (CCD) is hosting a two-day international workshop on the nature of human language. This workshop brings together distinguished international and national researchers (from China, France, Italy, Japan, Norway, Switzerland, The Netherlands, USA and Australia) who work on language acquisition in the generative framework, with emphasis on young children’s knowledge of universal principles of syntax and semantics. The workshop will consist of both theoretical perspectives on the nature of language acquisition as well as reports of research findings that bear on linguistic theory. In addition to the invited talks, the workshop will allow ample time for participants to focus on directions for future research in child language, both within and across languages.
Level 1 Lecture Theatre, Australian Hearing Hub, 16 University Avenue, Macquarie University.
- Professor Adriana Belletti, University of Geneva, Switzerland, University of Siena, Italy
- Associate Professor Ivano Caponigro, University of California San Diego, USA
- Dr Emmanuel Chemla, École Normale Supérieure, France
- Professor Takuya Goro, Tsuda University, Japan
- Professor Maria-Teresa Guasti, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
- Dr Loes Koring, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- Professor Terje Lohndal, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Professor Luigi Rizzi, University of Geneva, Switzerland, University of Siena, Italy
- Dr Lyn Tieu, Western Sydney University, Australia
- Associate Professor Peng Zhou, Tsinghua University, China
Registration is free.
On Wednesday 8 August, the day preceding the workshop, Professor Gennaro Chierchia, Harvard University, will give a CCD Public Lecture from 2-3.30 pm in the Australian Hearing Hub Level 1 Lecture Theatre.
Local Organising Committee
Please contact Robin Blumfield.