GLOW in Asia 12 & SICOGG 21
Date: 06-Aug-2019 – 09-Aug-2019
Location: Seoul, Korea, South
Contact Person: Duk-Ho An firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference website: http://sicogg.or.kr/GLOW-Asia-12-2019/
Call Deadline: 4-Apr-2019 (11:59pm GMT+9)
GLOW in Asia offers a forum for presentation and discussion of advanced research in theoretical linguistics. Its conferences take place within Asia but attract participants from all over the world. This year’s GLOW in Asia XII is a joint conference with the 21st Seoul International Conference on Generative Grammar (SICOGG 21). The conference will take place on August 7-9 at Dongguk University in Seoul. The main conference will be preceded by a one-day workshop on “(Non-)complementation” on August 6 at Dongguk University.
- Željko Bošković, University of Connecticut (main session)
- Martina Wiltschko, University of British Columbia (main session)
- Victor Pan, Chinese University of Hong Kong (main session)
- Keir Moulton, University of Toronto (workshop)
Call for Papers:
- Abstract submissions are invited for oral presentations and poster presentations.
- Each oral presentation will be 30 minutes, followed by a 15-minute discussion period.
Workshop on (Non-)complementation
- The workshop aims to provide an opportunity to discuss any issues concerning complementation and to explore new instantiations of and restrictions on (non-)complementation.
- We invite oral presentations relating to theoretical, experimental, and computational perspectives on the syntax and semantics of (non-)complementation. Each presentation will be 30 minutes, followed by a 15-minute discussion period. Relevant issues include, but are not limited to, the followings:
- Selectional restrictions on embedding predicates and embedded complements.
- Interaction between interpretation of embedding predicates and type of their complements.
- Complementation versus non-complementation
- Similarities and differences between declarative and interrogative clausal embedding.
- (Im)possibility of embedding imperatives.
- Partial availability of articulated projections of embedded CPs.
- Similarities and differences between IHRC and EHRC
- Abstracts should not be longer than 2 pages (A4 or letter size) with 1 inch (2.54 cm) margins.
- Abstracts must be set single spaced in a 12 pt font. Figures and references may be set in a smaller font, but must be within the 2 page limit.
- Abstracts must not reveal the identity of the author(s) in any way.
- Each author may submit at most one single-authored paper and one joint paper for the main session and/or the workshop.
- Abstracts must be submitted via EasyAbs. Email submissions are not allowed.
Abstract submission page: http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/GLOW-SICOGG
The deadline for submitting abstracts is 11:59pm GMT+9, Apr. 4, 2019.
Notification of acceptance: early May. (tentative)
GLOW in Asia XII & SICOGG 21 Organizers:
Duk-Ho An (Konkuk University)
Michael Barrie (Sogang University)
Myung-Kwan Park (Dongguk University)
Jaehoon Choi (Daegu University)
Dongwoo Park (Korea National Open University)