The 17th Old World Conference on Phonology (OCP) will be held on February 5-7, 2020 at the University of Warsaw, hosted by the English Institute and by the Institute of Applied Linguistics (University of Warsaw, Poland).
Conference website: https://ocp17.ils.uw.edu.pl/
OCP is an annual event gathering researchers specialising in phonology and related fields, interested in both theoretical and exprimental issues. It was founded in 2003 by a group of linguists from the Leiden University Center for Linguistics and the Meertens Institute, and has since grown into an international forum attended by both senior and junior linguists. The previous edition of the conference was held in Verona.
- Abstract submission deadline: 1 October 2019 (11:59 pm US Pacific time)
- Notification of acceptance: early November 2019
- Early registration deadline: 15 December 2019
- Gaja Jarosz, University of Massachusetts
- Rene Kager, Utrecht University
- Christophe Pallier, INCERM-CEA Cognitive Neuroimaging Unit
Call for Papers
We welcome submissions on any topic in phonology. We invite abstracts for talks (20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes for discussion) or posters. Each person may submit a maximum of one abstract as first author (or sole author), and a maximum of two abstracts in total. Abstracts will be (blindly) peer-reviewed by an international panel of reviewers.
- Maximum 2 pages of A4 paper, including references, examples, tables, and figures.
- 12 pt Times New Roman font, or similar.
- One-inch (2.54 cm) margins on all sides.
- Anonymous (please do not include author details or citations to unpublished work).
- PDF format.
Abstracts not following these guidelines will be rejected without review.
Abstract submission, reviewing, and notification of acceptance will be handled using EasyChair.
Follow this link to submit your abstract.
The deadline for abstract submission is 1 October 2019.
Notification of acceptance will be in early November.