The Chicago Linguistic Society is the oldest student-run linguistics organization in the United States. Our linguistics conference has been held every year since 1965. This academic year, CLS will host its 56th annual meeting, which will be held from Thursday, April 30, to Saturday, May 2, 2020.
Megan Lukaniec (University of Victoria)
Bryan Kirschen (Binghamton University)
Manfred Krifka (ZAS)
Kathryn Davidson (Harvard University)
Ivy Sichel (University of California Santa Cruz)
Conference website: http://chicagolinguisticsociety.org/
Call for papers
Call Deadline: 08-Jan-2020
The Chicago Linguistic Society invites abstracts in any area of current research on the human language faculty, to include but not limited to syntax, morphology, semantics, pragmatics, sociolinguistics, phonology, phonetics, and all relevant interfaces and allied fields in cognitive/social sciences. Presented papers will be published in the CLS proceedings. This year’s conference features a poster session; those presenting a poster may be chosen as alternates for talks, and the poster presentations will be published as regular papers in the proceedings.
We particularly encourage submissions relevant to this year’s proposed special topics:
- Heritage Language Linguistics
- Speech Acts
Details on each of the special topics can be found on EasyChair (https://easychair.org/cfp/CLS56).
Submissions that fail to comply with any of the following guidelines will be
- Submit abstracts in PDF format with the filename PaperTitle.pdf.
- Include the paper title and keywords (i.e., CLS session title, linguistic subfield(s), language(s)/language family) within the abstract.
- Limit abstracts to two letter-sized pages in length, including data and references. Use one-inch margins and a font size no smaller than 11 point. Incorporate data into the main text of the abstract, not on a separate page.
- Anonymize submissions by not including author name(s) in the abstract or filename.
- Use the EasyChair platform (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cls56) for the submission of abstracts.
- Restrict submissions to one individual and one joint abstract per author, or two joint abstracts per author.
Submission deadline: January 8, 2020 by 11:59 PM CST
Notification: February 17, 2020
Conference dates: April 30-May 2, 2020
For questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org