- The organizing committee has decided to move BUCLD 45 to a VIRTUAL CONFERENCE after thorough consideration of the current situation of COVID-19, and the valuable feedback from our BUCLD community. Further information will be announced in due course. Stay tuned!
- We look forward to receiving your abstract submission. Please be reminded that the deadline for abstract submission is May 15th, 2020, 8:00 PM (EST). More information HERE.
- SLD is not holding a symposium this year. For more information please visit the SLD website.
The 45th annual Boston University Conference on Language Development (BUCLD) will be hosted on November 5-8, 2020.
Keynote speaker: Dr. Reiko Mazuka (RIKEN Center for Brain Science)
Plenary speaker : Dr. Adele Goldberg (Princeton University)
Conference website: https://www.bu.edu/bucld/
Call for symposium proposals
- We are currently soliciting 1000-word proposals for a 90-minute symposium at the Boston University Conference on Language Development on any topic likely to be of broad interest to the conference attendees.
- Proposals should include a list of the participants, topics, and format, and should name at least one organizer. Send submissions to email@example.com with “Symposium proposal” in the subject line.
- DEADLINE: All symposium proposal submissions must be received by April 15, 2020. Symposium decisions will be made by June.
Call for abstracts
Submissions of 500-word abstracts for 20-minute talks and posters will be accepted beginning April 1, 2020 at: http://www.bu.edu/bucld/abstracts/abstract-submission/
- DEADLINE: All abstract submissions must be received by 8:00 PM EST, May 15, 2020. Please note this is an earlier deadline than in previous years.
- Submissions that present research on any topic in the fields of first, second, and additional language acquisition from any theoretical perspectives will be fully considered.
- Abstracts must be limited to 500 words, with up to one extra page for examples, figures, tables, and references (for a total length of no more than two pages). A suggested format and style for abstracts is available at: http://www.bu.edu/bucld/abstracts/abstract-format/
- General conference information is available at: http://www.bu.edu/bucld
- We encourage submissions from scholars in countries affected by the new travel restrictions. We will arrange remote presentation for accepted abstracts by scholars who are unable to attend for this reason.
- Conference email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (Also, if you are planning very far ahead: BUCLD 46 will be held November 4-7 2021.)