The 46th annual Boston University Conference on Language Development will be held virtually on November 4-7, 2021.
- Keynote: Dr. Reiko Mazuka (RIKEN Center for Brain Science & Duke University)
- Plenary: Dr. Anne Christophe (École Normale Supérieure – PSL University)
- Student Workshop: Dr. Kim Scott (MIT)
Boston University Conference on Language Development is one of the largest student-run linguistics conferences in the world. BUCLD is an internationally recognized meeting of researchers in language acquisition and development, including first and second language acquisition, language disorders, bilingualism, and literacy development. BUCLD promotes the progress of science by providing a major venue for dissemination of scholarly findings, for initiation and development of collaborations, and for professional networking.
The conference typically consists of over 150 presentations selected through peer review, as well as invited keynote and plenary speakers, symposia on topics of current interest, a research funding workshop, a professional development workshop for students and postdoctoral scholars, and a publisher exhibit. Attendees number over 500 researchers from around the world, from undergraduates up through senior faculty. ASL-English interpreting is provided for all talks and poster sessions as part of the mission to make BUCLD fully accessible and conference proceedings are published soon after the conference. Since 1976, the faculty and students of Boston University have organized and run the conference with the help of Faculty advisors. Dr. Charles Chang, Dr. Paul Hagstrom, and Dr. Amy Lieberman are the current faculty advisors. For our current student committee, please go to our Organizing Committee page.
Conference website: https://www.bu.edu/bucld/
Call for abstracts
- Submissions of 500-word abstracts for 20-minute talks and posters will be accepted beginning April 1, 2021. (The submission site will be available soon.)Submissions that present research on any topic in the fields of first, second, and additional language acquisition from any theoretical perspectives will be fully considered.
- Submission deadline: Saturday May 1, 2021 at 23:59 Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4)
- Abstracts must be limited to 500 words, with up to one extra page for examples, figures, tables, and references (for a total length of no more than two pages). A suggested format and style for abstracts is available HERE.
- Submission page: https://www.softconf.com/l/bucld46/
Call for symposium proposals
- We are currently soliciting 1000-word proposals for 90-minute symposia for the Boston University Conference on Language Development on any topic likely to be of broad interest to the conference attendees.
- Proposals should include a list of the participants, topics, and format, and should name at least one organizer. Send submissions to email@example.com with “Symposium proposal” in the subject line.
- Submission deadline: All symposium proposal submissions must be received by Thursday April 1, 2021 at 23:59 Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4).
- Symposium decisions will be made by June. — FURTHER INFORMATIONGeneral conference information is available at: http://www.bu.edu/bucld We encourage submissions from scholars in countries affected by the new travel restrictions. We will arrange remote presentation for accepted abstracts by scholars who are unable to attend for this reason. Questions? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you, BUCLD 2021 Organizing CommitteeBoston University Conference on Language Development 96 Cummington Mall, Room 246Boston, MA 02215 U.S.A.