The Annual Meeting on Phonology (AMP 2021) will take place October 1-3, 2021, held virtually and hosted by the University of Toronto and York University.
This is the ninth installment of the Annual Meetings on Phonology, following the 2013 inaugural meeting at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, and subsequent meetings hosted by MIT, UBC/SFU, USC, NYU, UCSD, Stony Brook University, and UCSC. The conference provides a venue for high-quality unpublished research in all areas of theoretical, experimental and computational phonology for presentation. A workshop on teaching phonology will be held in conjunction with AMP 2021. The workshop will feature invited talks and poster presentations.
Conference website: https://www.amp2021toronto.com/
Call for papers
We are seeking high-quality unpublished research in all areas of theoretical, experimental and computational phonology for presentation at the 2021 Annual Meeting on Phonology (AMP 2021). A workshop on teaching phonology will be held in conjunction with AMP 2021, which will feature invited talks and poster presentations.
Submission page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=amp2021toronto
- We invite abstracts for either oral presentations (20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes of discussion) or poster presentations.
- We also invite abstracts for poster presentations at the workshop on teaching phonology.
- Abstracts must be anonymous, so please be sure to eliminate any identifying information and metadata from the document.
- Length is limited to a maximum of two single-spaced pages (US Letter), figures and references included.
- Font size should be 12-point, with margins of at least one inch (2.54cm) left on all sides.
- Abstracts must be submitted in .pdf file format.
- Submissions are limited to two per author, with at most one submission being single- or primary-authored, regardless of whether the submission is for the general session or the workshop.
- If your abstract is for the workshop, please, include “teaching phonology” as the first keyword in the relevant submission box.
All oral presentations will be eligible for publication in the Proceedings of the 2021 Annual Meeting on Phonology published online by the Linguistic Society of America. Poster presetations will be eligible for publication in the Supplemental Proceedings.
The deadline for abstract submission is Sunday, June 4th, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST.