SinFonIJA is an international annual linguistic gathering that cultivates formal approaches to linguistic research, and it accepts abstracts in all areas of formal linguistics. Each year it is organized by a different institution from the region of former Yugoslavia and Austria-Hungary, and this year, it will be organized by the University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Philosophy. This edition of SinFonIJA will take place online.
Conference website: https://bit.ly/3eQm120
Call for Papers
The areas of formal linguistic research that we invite submissions on are: phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, language acquisition, and historical linguistics. We will also consider submissions on topics in other subdisciplines if they involve clearly identified theoretical contributions.
The conference will include 20-minute long oral presentations followed by 10 minutes of Q&A as well as poster presentations. Authors can make up to two submissions, only one of which can be single-authored.
- Maria Gouskova (New York University)
- Omer Preminger (University of Maryland)
- Rok Žaucer (University of Nova Gorica)
- Dorothy Ahn (Rutgers University)
- Deadline for abstract submission: June 1st, 2021
- Notification of acceptance: mid-July 2021
- The length of the abstract must not exceed two letter-size/A4 pages (1-inch margins on all sides).
- The text of the abstract should have standard format (font: Times New Roman; size: 11 or more).
- The authors are expected to indicate whether they are submitting their abstracts for oral or poster presentations or both.
- The anonymized abstracts (in PDF format) should be submitted electronically through https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sinfonija14. The deadline for submissions is June 1st 2021.